Monday, December 21, 2009

Things That Exist Only Because Women Exist, Part 1

Dryer sheets.

Seriously, no man would ever have invented such a thing.

I think of this because tonight, as I was throwing my laundry in the dryer, I was momentarily distressed to realize I had forgotten to throw in a dryer sheet. Prior to dating Keiko, I had never actually laid hands on a dryer sheet, but she felt very strongly about the importance of a fresh scent coming out of the dryer, and bought me some. Over the next year, I slowly evolved to the point where I am now- that it distresses me not to have a dryer sheet in my laundry.

This is what women do to you.

Nowadays, I leave the seat down, I at least strongly consider throwing away socks and underwear just because they have a few holes in them, I actually launder my sheets periodically, and I find myself distressed if I don't have dryer sheets.

I am but a shadow of a man anymore...

2 comments:

Joel said...

You disgust me.

Gus said...

Uh huh. Just wait until your new honeypot totally domesticates you.