Friday, December 18, 2009

Thank goodness for moms

Mom arrives tomorrow for a week. As silly as I feel saying this, being a 37-year-old man and all, I really need her right now. It's not great for me to be alone in the house as much as I have been over the last couple of weeks. It will be great to hang out, have metaphysical conversations, and read books. Also, it's nice to come home to home-cooked curry, which is comfort food for me.

She leaves 12/27, and on 12/29 I leave for Miami, and then Belize. 6 days of tracking around the jungle with JJM and AC is exactly what I need- the chance to explore, be away from my life here, and remember what it's like to be have fun and be happy.

Then I have to come back and figure out how to really start building a life here. Lots to figure out where that's concerned.

But more on all that stuff later. Right now, thank goodness for mom...

No comments: