Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cabo, Day 2

After 2 days here, I think the dominant strategy is this:

1) be poolside by 9-ish. Lay out/swim until around 11.

2) eat lunch.

3) nap on the enormous, super-comfortable deck furniture at the room, listening to the waves crash in.

4) be back poolside by 3-ish. Lay out/swim until 5 or 6.

5) shower, change, have dinner, socialize until 1-3am. Because yes, we're great big pussies who throw in the towel around then in part so that we can cycle back to (1) above the next day.

Also, all steps except (3) include drinking margaritas. From the menu over at the Agua restaurant, I've now downed 3 of 17 margarita types in their entirety, and sampled an additional 3 from others. I think we need to spend more time at the pool that's closer to that restaurant, because I'm pacing behind on my goal of drinking all their margaritas before I leave.

Keiko is starting to look really pink in places. I'm perilously close to burning myself, though I don't exactly turn pink. We're going to have to be more aggressive with the sunblock. Also, we're going to go to the actual beach this morning, and try laying around there. The beach here is mostly wild beach, with craggy rocks and such, but there's a supposedly swimmable beach at the north end of the resort. We'll check it out. Also, there's talk of zip-lining today. We'll see if that happens- I'm fine with laying around and reading.

Here are some pics from yesterday- most of our pics we're taking with Keiko's camera, including basically all the pics of other people, but here's a taste of the pool area:


Morning at the room. That futon thingy is so-o-o-o comfortable...













The adults-only pool, with the island bar that you can literally belly up to.









The pool. The trees. My legs.













Keiko, unconsciously making a very nice ad for the Kindle.










Reading "Sundiver" by David Brin. Finally getting some color back. Ironically, I never have time to sunbathe in CA.








On our way to lunch. This is all hard work, let me tell you.











With Greg & Claudia for lunch. That's the "Blue" margarita- #3 of 17 from the drink menu.









Off to go get some wild beach pics, and read my book out on the sand. Very much liking "Sundiver"... all of y'all who read sci-fi should check it out.

No comments: